We are excited to announce our own cost effective & secure online backup to Microsoft’s cloud storage with redundancy in multiple data centers.
Get a reliable disaster recovery plan where you can see your companies data in the cloud and actually afford to back up everything up daily. If your server fails, you could even fire up the backup copy as a virtual server in the cloud.
Get daily graphical reports of the status of your backups so you can rest assured that your data is safe.
Call us for more info at 916-966-6440.
The downside of this method it that the entire mail structure (inbox and all) from the boss’s mailbox will be shared. So that means zero privacy! Ask first.
I found this article at Slipstick.com which I trust for Outlook and Exchange issues. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/contacts/display-other-contacts-in-address-book/#displayother
This got the job done, but it needed an update.
1. Create a new Outlook profile (in Control Panel | Mail) with the other user’s (boss’s) mailbox.
2. Open outlook. Right-click the other user’s Contacts folder, choose Properties and verify that on the Outlook Address Book tab the Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book is checked. Under the Name of the address book, change the displayname to something like Joe’s Contacts.
3. Close Outlook.
4. In Control Panel | Mail bring up the properties for the new profile you created in Step 1. In the E-mail Accounts tab add the Exchange main mailbox (employee’s) and click the up arrow to bring that account to the top of the list and then verify that it is checked as default.
5. Restart Outlook, using the new profile again. The Exchange profiles in the folder pane in the left of the Outlook window will have the Mailboxes in the wrong order. Simply drag the primary mailbox (employee’s) to the top, above the secondary (boss’s).
6. Be sure to set the new profile to be the default in Control Panel | Mail.
See my previous article if you are curious: http://nmtechno.com/wirelesscharger_wcp-700/
If not, just know that this one is a little small to set a large phone on, but otherwise it works perfectly.
I found it at Amazon:
Sapphire Edge HD3 is a great little mini PC with decent power for a great price.
I had a little trouble getting Windows 7 installed. The BIOS will see the front USB 3.0 ports, but they cannot be easily used to install windows. My solution was to connect a USB hub to one of the rear ports and connect keyboard and mouse cables to that hub and use the other port for the USB install media.
You can see a discussion of this at: http://www.sapphireforum.com/showthread.php?28122-How-to-install-Windows-7-Windows-8-on-your-Sapphire-Edge-Mini-PC&p=269225#post269225
My comments are currently at the bottom of the page.
In December HP finally released an update the the MicroServer line with some important new features:
2.2 GHz dual core processor
2 x PCI Express slots
It’s the same case, but with mild upgrades. It is still a great small server at a great price.
Now I do not have to choose between the Remote Access Card and the USB 3.0 card.
Get more info at:
A great case for Server 2012 Essentials. In fact I have mine all loaded up with an SSD and 2 x 2TB drives mirrored.
One correction, I could not get the USB 3.0 card to be stable. I ended up uninstalling it.
I have two problems with this wireless charging solution:
1) Why doesn’t anybody make wireless charges for your car. You could just set in the console of your car, and it would always be charged up.
2) This Wireless Charging Pad WCP-700 beeps every time it starts or starts charging. Sometimes it cycles on and off four times within a couple of minutes. When the charger is by your bed, this is awful.
Does anybody know circuit boards well enough to know where the speaker is on this board, so I can remove it? If so please shoot me a message at info at nmtechno dot com .
If you hit the Windows key on the keyboard to bring up the Metro Start screen and then start typing the name of the program you are searching for such as “PDF”, Windows 8 will bring up a list of programs (and Windows apps) with names that start with PDF. I you do not see what you are looking for, then hit the Esc(ape) key to bring up every program installed with folder name grouping similar to the old Windows Start menu.
What is a WAP? If you already have a firewall or router that does not have wireless (Wifi) capabilities built-in and you either love it or are stuck with it, then a WAP is what you need. It does not act as a router blocking traffic, it just bridges (pass-through) your wired network to your wireless network.
I have been searching for a while, and finally stumbled into one. The setup takes a little extra effort, but it is worth it considering the bang for the buck that you get. I started with a Amped Wireless R10000G.
I chose this device because of reviews, price and the quoted range is 10000 square feet! My location is not 10000 square feet, but we do have multiple floors. It easily covers our space.
If you look at this product you will say, hey that is a router not an WAP! But I found out how to bypass the router functionality and get a WAP for less than $200 that actually works!
Setup as WAP steps: